Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering Admission Process :
The admission process at Dayananda Sagar College University is conducted through common tests that are conducted by state agencies and national agencies like CET and COMMED-K. It starts in the month of March every year and concludes on 31st July of the same year. The lateral entry (Diploma Quota) through CET is for 3rd semester and starts in the month of July/August.
- For UG, admissions to college are through the entrance test, Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Karnataka Government & Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka COMEDK. The students with merit ranking are preferred for admissions.
- A pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination in first attempt with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as specialization
A pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 45 % marks aggregate in PCM and Biology/ Computer science/ Electronics.
- B E/ B.Tech or equivalent examination.
- A written test is conducted by the university for candidates and then a rank list is obtained. On the basis of test scores, the candidate will appear for admission carried out through single window counseling process.
- Before university rank holders Candidates with valid GATE score will be given first preference for the seat selection in the counseling process, then Admission through Management Quota Candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually. PCM are compulsory subjects.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
3 years (6 semesters)
Passed in PUC / 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science, Arts or Commerce stream with a minimum of 35% of marks or candidate who has passed JODC or Diploma in Engineering (of three years’ duration of Govt. of Karnataka) with a minimum of 35% marks as aggregate of all semesters.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Bangalore University (B.U.)Visveswaraya Technological University (V.T.U.) Autonomous
3 years (6 semesters)
Pass in Bachelor degree with 50% or more marks with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/ Computer Programming/Computer Applications/ Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics as one of the optional or electives at degree level. Provided, A candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified in the first proviso in the Pre-University course with 50% of marks in that particular subject shall also be considered for admission. Recognized and authorized entrance exam is compulsory.
However, in the case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST & category- 1 the aggregate percentage of marks for all the years of the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com)
3 years (6 semesters)3 years (6 semesters)
Passed in PUC / CBSE / ISCE or 10+2 or equivalent examination. Candidates who completed 2 years Pre-University course of Karnataka State or its equivalent with Business Studies and Accountancy as two major subjects of study at pre-university level.
Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering Courses:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Construction Technology and Management
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Science and Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Electronics
- Telecommunication Engineering
Post-graduate programme (M.Tech)
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Highway Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering: Design Engineering, Computer Integrated manufacturing
- ECE : VLSI Design & Embedded Systems, Digital Electronics & Communication
- Telecommunication Engineering: Digital Communication & Networking Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering: Computer Network Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering: Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering: Power Electronics & System
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Chemical Engineering
- Medical Electronics: Bio Medical Signal Processing & Instrumentation
- Instrumentation technology: Micro Electronics & Control Systems
- Biotechnology: Bio Informatics
- MBA — Marketing,Finance and HR — under VTU which is providing the degree with dual specialisation.
- Post Graduation Diploma in Management (PGDM)- Dayanand Sagar University- Which is equivalent to M.B.A providing with dual specialisation.
- Computer Application (MCA, 3 years)
- MBA — Finance, Marketing, HR — under Bangalore University which is providing the degree with dual specialisation.
- M.Com 2 years PG Course; affiliated with Bangalore University